Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What Happend To Mysore Malligae

Cuba ...

Centro Habana. Photo: Carlos Egio

As I feared, after a trip to Cuba back more upset than I left. In these days I can not deny that I had time to get excited listening to Silvio in the Plaza of the Revolution (the roots are the roots), to cast into lack of freedom of expression and access to information, to feel harassed by those who try to lure the tourist to get some money, perhaps seeking to satisfy basic needs, perhaps following the chimera of consumerism, but also feel at home in the place where he resided in Havana, to assess social progress unthinkable in most countries of the region, to see poverty and often disillusionment and neglect after more than fifty years static revolution, to know the Old Havana and Trinidad and restored and freshly painted cities, like Cartagena de Indias and makeup beautiful dolls, doll without a soul, to feel safe and not walk as relaxed as I did from months ago, contain anger and helplessness in the face a regime that decided by its people but also to reflect on whether the final analysis we do not restrict the way speculation financial and IMF and World Bank in any other country, let alone how silent violence in the society we live ... we all need to deepen democracy. I have enjoyed as never, or rarely, the son and salsa, Caribbean blue in the Eastern Beaches and Playa Ancon, I again feel revulsion at an America that owners believe the future of humanity within and outside its borders and continue with an economic embargo nonsense while supporting, negotiate and promote murderous dictatorship, I have believed in a historical district of Spain in the streets of Havana, I tried to spot the Iberian Peninsula from the pier in front of an ocean on fire and I've tasted as if it were the last one omelette made by Miracles, one of our hosts.

These days, in holes that I leave work, I will share impressions and photographs, which are many and need reflection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment